Anjali House Mission
By providing experiential learning, supplementary skills training, and scholarships, we support our children and their community to commit to education and make positive decisions about their futures.
About Anjali House
Anjali is a community learning center in Siem Reap, Cambodia, that serves over 200 students and their families through our Young Explorers, Future Leaders, and Active Communities programs.
Our vision is that students from low-income families are empowered to access higher education and become leaders in our community.
We believe that no child should be forced to beg or work, and that they have the right to enjoy their childhood – to learn, play, make friends, and grow in a safe and happy environment. These are basic rights that no child should be denied. Our ultimate goal is to see the students we support develop into healthy, well-adjusted adults, equipped with the skills they need to enter the workforce, continue their education, and succeed in their future endeavors.
The Communications and Fundraising Manager is a full-time employee reporting to the Executive Director and International Board of Advisors, based in Siem Reap, Cambodia. They are responsible for:
▶ Fundraising, including creating fundraising strategies, retaining current donors, recruiting new donors, applying for and supervising grants, managing annual fundraisers, and assisting in other areas the International Board of Advisors or Executive Director may request
▶ All Anjali House communications with external parties, including social media, the website and blog, the newsletter, and other platforms
▶ Supervising Anjali House’s international volunteers, including a dedicated communications volunteer or intern, and helping to manage internal communications at Anjali House
▶ Develop and implement a fundraising strategy. Specifically:
- Report to and retain existing donors (major donors/monthly donors/foundations/corporations)
- Research potential new funding streams and connect with grant-making institutions
- Complete grant proposals and manage reporting for accepted proposals
- Create and implement creative fundraising campaigns (online)
- Maintain the main online database of donors/supporters
▶ Conceptualize and implement a communications strategy that supports fundraising, increases Anjali House’s visibility, and helps recruit international volunteers. Specifically:
- Improve and maintain the Anjali House website and increase the number of website users
- Engage and grow Anjali House’s social media audience (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Develop communications materials including newsletters, blogs, videos, and reports (annual report and biannual scholarship reports)
▶ Oversee monitoring and evaluation of communications and fundraising activities
▶ Manage volunteers
- Recruit and coach a communications intern or volunteer and expand the communications and fundraising volunteer team as necessary
- Supervise and support other international volunteers
▶ Support internal communications and relationship management
- Support internal Anjali House staff communications and collaboration
- Find training opportunities for and empower Khmer staff
- Organise regular board calls, write minutes and provide regular updates to the board on fundraising and communications
- Maintain and develop relationships with partner NGOs
- Manage the official Anjali House email and respond to general inquiries, including requests for visits
Qualifications and Experience
▶ Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in communications or another relevant field required
▶ At least two years of work experience, preferably in the fundraising, communications, or non-profit sector. Fundraising experience prioritized
▶ Fluency in written and spoken English required
▶ Excellent writing skills
▶ Strategic thinker and results oriented
▶ Ability to manage, coach and train others
▶ Team player
▶ Experience with WordPress, Google Analytics, Photoshop, video editing, Excel, and other relevant tools
▶ French or other languages a plus
▶ Available for minimum of one year, ideally beginning in October 2020
▶ As this role will involve direct contact with children a criminal background check will be required
We offer a competitive local salary and generous vacation package. We do not cover relocation
expenses, visas, housing, transportation or international health insurance.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected].